I know I am biased, but I really do think this is an incredibly clever and creative Chanukah idea. It all ties together so well…Chanukah and the cumulative goals (just like the Chanukah candles).
At first I thought, I can’t do this. I have so many goals I already can’t accomplish and they’re not even food related, like cleaning out my closets. I thought, “maybe I should do my own variation of a non-food related “cleanse”.” But I quickly realized that the way one does anything, is the way one does everything. My food life and goals are not all that different from the habits I have in my everyday life.
So I am taking the Chanukah Cleanse Challenge! Who knows what a change in my food world might lead to?! So here’re my personal and customized Chanukah cleanse goals…as they relate to food…
1. Clean and organize one kitchen drawer or cabinet and throw or give away something from it. 2. 1+ buy only fresh produce and fruit that you need for the next few days and only use non perishable or frozen food items that you already have in the house or freezers.
3. 1+2+ eat meals only, sitting down, food on a plate with appropriate silverware…no snacking or picking up a bite to eat on the go.
4. 1+2+3+ no second helpings, what you put on your plate the first time is all you get.
5. 1+2+3+4+ drink more water or tea “Shaina style”…at least 2 quarts daily
6. 1+2+3+4+5+ clean and throw out old food from one freezer
7. 1+2+3+4+5+6+ clean and throw out old food from one refrigerator
8. 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+ donate groceries and paper goods to the CJFS food closet
Thank you again for your inspiration and for motivating me to push my personal envelope!