Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Serves 5 – 7
Cost per serving: $1.55
Gluten free, vegan, tree nut free, grain free, paleo friendly
- 1 jar roasted red peppers $2.85
- 3 cloves garlic (no kissing tonight!) $0.20
- 1 tbs flax meal (leftover from summer subletter)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds $4.35
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4-5 long green zucchini, zoodled, peeled or vegettied *see below (free from garden)
- 1 tsp olive oil $0.17
- 1 yellow onion, chopped $0.20
Total cost: $7.77
Per serving: $1.55
Combine all ingredients in food processors and puree until smooth. Keep refrigerated.
With “vegetti” (my fav new kitchen tool), peeler or mandolin, shave zucchini into strips aka noodles – #zoodles.
Heat pan in olive oil and add chopped onions. Cook on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes til transluscent. Add zoodles and cook for 7 – 10 minutes til soft (but not mush!).
Top with creamy sauce and garnish with pumpkin seeds.