Roasted Squash with Mint and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 medium acorn or butternut squash or small sugar pumpkins (about 3 pounds total)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut squash into 1 1/2″-thick wedges, leaving skin on. Scrape off seeds and strings with a large spoon and discard. Coat wedges with 3 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay wedges cut side down on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, carefully turning halfway through, until golden brown on both sides, about 30 minutes.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin seeds and cook, swirling pan often, until seeds are puffed and brown but still have a bit of green, 4–5 minutes. Transfer seeds to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt. DO AHEAD: Squash and toasted pumpkin seeds can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand separately at room temperature. Rewarm squash before serving.
Transfer squash to a large platter and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle squash with torn mint leaves and toasted pumpkin seeds.